Η ΜΚΟ IsraAID Hellas αναζητά Ψυχολόγο στην περιοχή της Λέσβου για μερική απασχόληση.
Στοιχεία επικοινωνίας +30 6978322263, email@example.com
Job Title: IsraAID Hellas Psychosocial Facilitator, Lesvos
Contract type: Paid, Part-time (6 hours)
Starting date: Asap
Location: Lesvos, Greece
Duration: 3 months with the possibility to extend until the end of the year and to full time
Background of the Organization:
IsraAID is a leading humanitarian non-governmental organisation, committed to providing life-saving emergency relief and durable solutions for populations affected by natural disasters, epidemics and post-conflict situations. Since its inception in 2001, IsraAID has become synonymous with a rapid response to humanitarian crises. Its medical teams, search & rescue units, post-trauma experts, community specialists and other professionals have led international responses in natural disasters and civil strife around the world. As of 2016, IsraAID has responded to crises in 36 countries and has on-going programs in 19 countries. IsraAID team arrived at Lesvos early September 2015 for a relief mission and a needs assessment, aimed at identifying both short- and long-term needs of the asylum seekers population in Greece. Since 2015 IsraAid professional teams of medical and PSS personnel, were working together with local authorities and partners to manage the flow of refugees, focusing on medical services, providing medical care for the refugees arriving at the Shorelines of Lesvos and on Mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) for the families and children in Kara Tepe and in the School of Peace.
- Under the supervision of IsraAID's Hellas Head of Mission and the PSS coordinator, the PSS Facilitator will:
- Collaborate with IsraAID's Head of Mission and PSS coordinator to develop a long-term PSS program, as well as undertake a joint effort toward PSS needs assessment in Lesvos.
- Design and implement PSS programs and approaches in the current structure of IsraAid programs in Lesvos.
- Facilitated PSS programs and training for children and adults.
- Assisting in non-formal education initiatives conducted by IsraAID.
- Reporting on psychosocial activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree in psychology, Social Work or Occupational Therapy.
- Membership of a professional medical association (if applicable).
- At least 2 years working or volunteering in the field of PSS/Child protection/ Mental health.
- At least 1 year of experience in group facilitation.
- Field experience working in an NGO setting.
- Languages: English, Greek
- Demonstrated experience and skills in facilitating training and building programs in school settings.
- Previous experience working with refugees is a plus.
- Experience working in emergency setting.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Ability to work with limited resources and in difficult conditions.
- Experience and desire to work with mental health education programs.