On April 13-15, 2018, performance activists from all over the world will come together in Thessaloniki, Greece, for the grassroots conference “Play, Perform, Learn, Grow: Exploring Creative Community Practices” (PPLG).
PPLG will bring together 250+ performance activists, artists, educators, academics, community organizers, therapists, social theatre practitioners, and researchers from all over the world, to celebrate and develop the power of performance as a means of individual, community and world transformation.
PPLG has been inspired by and builds with the history of Performing the World (PTW), www.performingtheworld.org , which since 2001 has been a biannual gathering in New York of performance activists and scholars from around the world, organized by the East Side Institute for Group and Short Term Psychotherapy (http://eastsideinstitute.org/).
PPLG invites proposals that address, among others, the following questions:
- How can community be built across borders (physical, cultural and social)?
- How can play and performance impact individual and community development?
- How can play and performance contribute to intercultural education?
- What is the educational, therapeutic and social value of play?
- What are the relationships between therapeutics, play, performance and community building?
- In what ways can performance, play and the arts engage the politic of otherness and antagonism?
The call for proposals is open until January 15. The call for proposals can be found here.
Registration for the PPLG conference will open on January 30, 2018. Join us!
Δείτε περισσότερες πληροφορίες εδώ.